Hopefully he's still with us next year. #Cubs
Went to a local event called Trucktoberfest on Saturday. The one food truck I wanted to try was gone by the time I got there, and I forgot my souvenir stein at Bar Louie. Fail of a day, but I did get to try a great beer called Oktoberfest Märzen from Paulaner Brauerei in Munich (https://untappd.com/b/paulaner-brauerei-oktoberfest-marzen-original-munchner-marzen/15180). If I ever make my trip to see the BMW campus I will have to go there too!
#LaborDay brews. One for saying bye to summer, and one for welcoming fall.
I'm the worst beer lady.
I actually had a couple new ones based in Madison, WI while I was there the past 2 days. Ambergeddon by Ale Asylum and Lady Luck by Karben4. Both reds, Lady Luck was an Imperial Red and a good between if you're not up to Imperial Stouts.
Today I wanted a Michelada so I settled for a premixed one from Modelo. It's surprisingly decent!
So I lied, I didn't get a single thing on my list, haha. Here is what I did get:
- Blackberry Sournova (https://untappd.com/b/almanac-beer-company-blackberry-sournova/3146313) - Almanac Beer Co.
- I Am Become Death (https://untappd.com/b/2nd-shift-brewing-i-am-become-death/1292363) - 2nd Shift Brewing
- French Toast (https://untappd.com/b/hubbard-s-cave-french-toast/2638719) - Hubbard's Cave
- Greenwood Beach (https://untappd.com/b/temperance-beer-company-greenwood-beach-blonde/709016) - Temperance Beer Co.
- For Goodness Shakes Mango Milkshake (https://untappd.com/b/short-fuse-brewing-company-for-goodness-shakes-mango-milkshake/3219099) - Short Fuse Brewing
They're warm, can't wait to report back on each of these!
The local store I love (http://wehavegreatbeer.com) added a bunch to their inventory list yesterday, so here is my list for purchasing today.
It's chilly and pouring rain, so beer is to the rescue 😂 it's sadly my last can of this one. It's a really light and fruity ale, aka delicious. The brewery is Odd Side Ales from Grand Haven, Michigan. http://untp.beer/a459O
Hi, I'm Len. I like beer.
I live in Chicagoland so a lot of what I try is local to Chicago/the midwest - excited for this instance to grow!
The Mastodon instance for those who love beer. I hadn't seen any instances that were specific to beer, so I thought I'd create one. You can post reviews of beers you've tried, recommendations for others, discuss home brewing, share events, etc. Anyone is welcome, whether you're new to the world of beer or a long-time connoisseur.